An update of sorts on things and stuff
After being away from the blog for a few weeks, I should update you on the known knowns, some known unknowns and some unknown unknowns. Yes, I just went a bit Rummy there, but I’m feeling a bit of nostalgic. So, here goes by way of the magical bulleted list:
- I’ve mentioned this on all the social medias, however, it bears repeating here: Vorpal is now published by Crazy Monkey Ink. I love the publisher’s energy and I think this is a dude who’s moving in the right direction. You can buy a copy of both issues 1 and 2 from the web site. You can buy signed ones from me here, although those are on backorder until my next physical shipment comes in.
- The Olympics have been the Lindsey Vonn and Mikaela Shiffrin Show (at least in American Primetime), but curling and the Hungarian Ski Team member’s dad have been highlights. Otherwise, it’s just been NBC personalities fawning over themselves and the stars/athletes of the day.
- I’m polishing the script for Issue 3, which is titled “No One Dies of Threats.” It will be the “Two Towers” book of this set of four books and will answer many questions and set the table for a great many things. I’ve also made a decision to have the book drawn by someone else. That was a difficult decision but I think it’s the correct so I can focus on the writing of that. An artist hasn’t be contracted as of this writing.
- There are two large events on the horizon, and one may screw the other. I’m due to have knee replacement surgery relatively soon. And, about a week after that, I’m scheduled to have a panel and table at the Augusta Toy and Comic Show April 21. I’m quite excited to do the show, but it may not happen depending upon the trajectory of the knee surgery. More to come.
- In between the script editing, the untitled Vorpal short story continues in earnest. I’ve one story to finished and a pair of others to edit. I like this collection as it expands the Vorpal universe a bit wider and provides some interesting stories that aren’t weapons, roundhouse kicks and tight red outfits. No availability date on this.
- Since the last blog, I’ve done a pair of fun interviews, one with my friend and author Terri Lynn Coop on The Blue Plate Special. I also spoke with my friend David Markowski again for Superhero Speak, episode 242, where I talked about my fondness for Moon Knight, Vorpal and more.
- I’ve been asked to host a podcast on the Authors on the Air network. This will be a great replacement to my work on the Science Fiction Show and an opportunity to speak with authors of science fiction and creators of pop culture from across the globe. I’m excited to get this started, but the aforementioned knee surgery and a few other things are holding up the start of the show. Plus, I want it to be entertaining, fun and interesting.
- I wanted to thank the Augusta Book Exchange and the Book Tavern in Augusta for help showcase Vorpal! They were very gracious. Both Paul and David were very kind to allow me to have the book in their stores!
That’s it for now. See you on Twitter and Facebook!